Being Involved

Gracie Byrne, News Writer

For a college student, being involved on campus is optional. You are not required to be in any clubs or organizations, and you can simply attend your classes and nothing more.
But why go to college and not be involved? In my opinion, being involved is a fantastic thing. Personally, I am involved in seven different clubs and organizations. Being involved gives me the opportunity to meet new people, learn new things, and do things I’ve never done before.
 Many people will say that college is a time to solely focus on school. That is a great thing, but what is the college experience without being a part of something? Colleges have a wide variety of clubs and organizations, no matter what your interests may be. If there isn’t a club that suits you, many schools will allow you to start a club of your own.
 As a college student, I wanted to be involved, but not to the point where I would not have time for school. Surprisingly, being involved in seven different clubs and organizations does not take up as much time as one would think. Co-Lin has specific times during the week just for clubs to meet, so that it does not interfere with any classes.
 If anyone were to ask if being involved is with it, I would say yes. Being involved has helped me develop as a person, not to mention has taught me so many new things.
 It may hard be get involved at first, especially if you are new to college. But taking that leap and doing something is far more exciting than just going to class.