CLCC vs Gulf Coast 03/26/14

Sarah Claire Armstrong, Writer

On March 26, the Wolves played the Gulf Coast Bulldogs in Wesson. The first half of the first game wasn’t looking too good for the Wolves. They were down 8-0 in the fifth inning. A reach to first by Dominic Savage on a dropped third strike gave the Wolves much-needed momentum. A few pitches later, the Gulf Coast catcher made a bad throw to third, which sent the ball into right field. This gave Savage just enough time to sprint around to third base. A single by Logan Smith drove Savage home.

Keeping the Wolves’ momentum, sophomore Mitch Little hit a two run home run, which made the score 8-5. Not long after that, Logan Smith hit a single that drove two runs in. Both teams scored in the sixth inning, which made the score 9-9 in the bottom of the seventh. Smith, already playing a big part in this game, was up to bat. He hit a line drive to left field, driving in Ryan Young to home. Wolves win 10-9 after a hard-fought game!

The second game was similar to the first in that the Wolves had to fight for another win from behind. Sophomore Dominic Savage had a home run, a single, and a double in this game. Whitfield also had two singles and scored two runs. Casey Hurley finished off the win by pitching two innings with no hits. Co-Lin won the second game 7-6! The Wolves play next in Wesson against Northwest on March 30 at 2:00. Come Back the Pack!