Campus Update: Week of September 14th

Lacie Tarver, Writer

Things are beginning to get quite exciting as well as hectic around the Copiah Lincoln Community College campus.  Thursday, September 14th, CLCC’s football team was back in action on their own home turf for the first time this season.  To my knowledge, they had been doing great so far this season and were prepared to take on this upcoming game against Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.  Not only was the football team preparing for the “Thursday Night Lights” this week, many other groups that are involved on campus were preparing as well.  These groups include the Cheer Squad, mascots, Blue Wave Show Band, Color guard, Sojourners, and the Colettes.  The cheerleaders have been working all summer as well as the mascots, Mr. and Mrs. Wolf, alongside them.  In preparation, the cheerleaders and mascots went to the University of Alabama where they attended camp and gained advancing skills.  Now, the cheerleaders continue practicing for other events they will perform for. The band, which includes those who play an instrument, percussion, Color guard, Sojourners, and Colettes, have been working vigorously in order to perform a great halftime performance with intention and hopes of maintaining the crowd’s attention.  All members attended band camp this summer, which included countless hours of rehearsal, heat, and dedication.  Due to hurricane Irma bringing in heavy winds, the Color guard was forced to push through some difficult rehearsals during this week.  The Colettes have also worked extremely hard to perfect all the routines learned and present them in a timely manner. Each group has worked hard to support and encourage the Wolfpack, in hopes of a victorious outcome for the team.  Although CLCC did not take on a victory this past Thursday, the positive vibes and atmosphere that football brings to campus was definitely present, and we know that our team will be ready for next week against Jones County Junior College.