Homecoming 2017

Rainee Luper, Editor

October 23-27 is Copiah-Lincoln Community College’s Homecoming Week, with the Homecoming presentation and game on October 28th. Throughout this week, the Student Government Association (SGA) is charged with the duty of implementing activities on campus to bring unity among the students. This year, SGA decided to create themes for each day of the week for a little fun. Monday was “Pajama Day”, Tuesday was “Camo Day”, Wednesday was “Represent Your High School Day”, Thursday was “USA Day”, and Friday was “Spirit Day”.

Not only was theme day initiated, SGA also planned and constructed activities on campus for every day of the week! Monday, we played kickball on the softball field. Tuesday, we had a carnival night with minute-to-win-it games and carnival foods, Wednesday we had powder-puff football, and Thursday we had a pep-rally with a dessert social to follow. Planning activities everyone will become involved in is a very difficult task, but SGA did a great job of bringing unity to our campus throughout this week.

Saturday, friends, families, and students of the Co-Lin Wolfpack will come out to support. Throughout the entire day, there will be alumni, students, faculty, staff, and administration enjoying activities and presentations together. Homecoming is the largest event of the year because people come from many different places to attend programs and a luncheon that is held on the Wesson campus of Copiah-Lincoln to reminisce on the time and memories made here. Prior to the game, there will be a homecoming presentation of the court where each individual who was elected will be presented on the field in a very honorable and professional manner. Earlier in the week, a Meet and Greet of the court was held on campus for students to have the opportunity to meet the individuals who would represent Co-Lin this year. We are excited to support our football team as they battle against Pearl River Community College, and we wish them the best of luck!