Homecoming Update

Lacie Tarver, Writer

The week that many students, parents, faculty members, and fans await for is finally upon us Copiah Lincoln Community College.  Homecoming week is known to be a very exciting and eventful time.  A schedule was thoughtfully assembled and provided for those who were willing to participate in the weekly dress-up days and activities.  Monday was “Pajama Day”, and the activity that took place was kickball and refreshments at the softball field.  Tuesday was “Camo Day”, and there was a Game and Carnival night outside of the cafeteria.  Wednesday was “Represent Your High School Day”, and Powder Puff Football was played at the soccer field.  Thursday was “USA Day”, and there was a pep rally held on the Corridor and dessert was provided after in the Quad.  Friday was “Wolfpack Spirit Day”, and there will be a Band and Colette Alumni Convention held in the Thames Center.  Instead of the big game being played on Thursday like it normally is, for Homecoming, it will be held on the following Saturday.  Prior to the game beginning, Co-Lin’s Homecoming Court, including freshman and sophomore maids from the Natchez Campus and Simpson County Center, will take the field and be recognized and presented with their escorts.  Elected freshman maids representing the Wesson Campus are Chloe King, Tori Pettit, and Hevin Woods.  Sophomores elected for maids on the Wesson Campus were Madison Buhrer, Alexsundria Thomas, and Allison Livingston.  I spoke with freshman maid, Chloe King, and she stated, “I was very excited and honored when I heard I had been elected to represent the Wesson Campus as a freshman maid!”  Representing Co-Lin this year as the 2017 Homecoming Queen is the deserving, Madison Franklin.  Everything seems to be falling into place thus far, and I hope that positivity continues for a wishful victory at the game Saturday.